|It is the intent of the State Procurement Office, through online reverse auction, to solicit offers from qualified vendors and establish a statewide term contract(s) to purchase and deliver Traffic Signal Heads and Lens Modules. Only the approved manufacturers and product lines specified in the Qualified Manufacturer/Product List, published as “QPL 92” by The South Carolina Department of Transportation, are acceptable for this bid.
NOTE: Due to the extreme circumstances surrounding the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on all supply chains, it was not possible for the State and the Contractor to come to a mutually agreeable solution for a price adjustment on this contract.
Therefore, the Contract is amended as follows.
- All references to the Contractor’s pricing will be changed to “To be determined at the time of order.”
- All references to delivery will be changed to “To be determined at the time of order.”
- The requesting entity will request a quote from ALL suppliers on contract.
- When a quote request is received by the Contractor they will:
- Check availability of the product(s) to fulfill the purchase order. If products are not available, or the manufacturer will not accept the order, the Contactor will immediately notify the requesting entity that a PO cannot be accepted. If possible, the Contractor will provide an estimated date when products may be available. If products are available, proceed to the next step.
- Secure pricing from the manufacturer for all items on the request for quote to include F.O.B destination shipping to the address identified on the quote request. Pricing must remain fixed through delivery and acceptance to the entity processing the resulting purchase order and may not be changed after acceptance of the purchase order unless there is a change to the purchase order by the requesting entity.
- The requesting entity will approve or reject the quote provided for the purchase order. If the quote is rejected, the process is concluded. If the quote is approved, the requesting entity will process a purchase order as “Price is reasonable” and return the PO to the Contractor for processing.
- The Contractor is responsible for maintaining an open line of communication with the requesting entity with the current status of the order and will immediately inform the requesting entity of any changes to the delivery expectations of the purchase order.